Monaco glory for Vergne (DS Techeetah/Michelin)
Pole-sitter Jean-Eric Vergne collected his second win of the 2018/2019 FIA Formula E Championship in Monaco to go top of the provisional Drivers’ standings. ...
The 2019 Berlin E-Prix saw three ex-Formula E champions monopolise the podium, with Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler/Michelin’s Lucas di Grassi finishing on the top step, ahead of Sébastien Buemi (2nd, Nissan e.dams/Michelin) and Jean-Eric Vergne (3rd, DS Techeetah/Michelin). As anticipated, the abrasive track at the former Tempelhof Airport proved a big test for Michelin’s Formula E tyre.
Lucas di Grassi collected the 10
The result has promoted the Brazilian from fifth to second place in the provisional championship standings, behind Vergne who was third in Germany after a determined fightback during the race’s second half, aided by the resilience of his Michelin tyres.
Pole-sitter Buemi got away to a first class start and led until he was passed by di Grassi. He then managed to defend his footing on the podium and eventually moved up from third to second after passing Antonio Felix da Costa on Lap 23 to harvest his first top-three finish of the season.
Da Costa (BMW I Andretti Motorsport/Michelin) and Stoffel Vandoorne (HWA Racelab/Michelin) rounded out the afternoon’s top five, chased by the 2018 Berlin E-Prix winner Daniel Abt (Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler/Michelin) and Alexander Sims (BMW I Andretti Motorsport/Michelin). André Lotterer climbed seven places in the course of the race but failed to finish.
2019 Berlin E-Prix – final positions:
1. Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler), 37 laps
2. Sébastien Buemi (Nissan e.dams), +1.856s
3. Jean-Eric Vergne (DS Techeetah), +2.522s
4. Antonio Felix da Costa (BMW I Andretti Motorsport), +5.845s
5. Stoffel Vandoorne (HWA Racelab), +6.336s
6. Daniel Abt (Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler), +6.551s
7. Alexander Sims (BMW I Andretti Motorsport), +8.235s
8. Oliver Rowland (Nissan e.dams), +10.781s
9. Sam Bird (Envision Virgin Racing), +13.153s
10. Pascal Wehrlein (Mahindra Racing), +14.846s